Last updated 14th of June, 2013
We may collect the following information about you and your use of our Website in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you. For purposes of this Policy, "Personally Identifiable Information" means information that could be used to identify your personally (such as your email address or IP address), which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send to your Rallypeople Group Mailing Lists:
- Your name, your email address, zip code, city of residence and a password selected by you;
- for each Rallypeople Group in which you partake, you may choose to create and store a short description or statement which will be viewed by anyone who is accessing that Rallypeople Group, your message board postings and reviews you leave for activities;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Rallypeople help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time.
- We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website
Our purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a better, more personalized experience based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site's content, layout and services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- To provide the services and customer support you request;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see;
- To send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, activity reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices);
- to tell you about our services, deliver targeted marketing, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
After registering on our website, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information. Following termination or deactivation of your member account, Rallypeople may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Rallypeople may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other users or posted to public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your Member account.
Notification of Changes